Last updated: February 15, 2022
The Universal Group, Inc. DBA: Life Systems International (“the Company,” “We,” “Us,” or “Our”) operates the https://lsi-medical.com website (the “Site”).
Interpretation and Definitions
The words in which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear singular or plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Site or parts of our Site.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company,” “We,” “Us,” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to The Universal Group, Inc. DBA: Life Systems International, 2102 Cambridge Beltway Drive, Suite A, Charlotte, NC 28273.
- Cookies are small files placed on Your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to North Carolina, United States.
- Device means any device that can access the Site, such as a computer, a cellphone, or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Site refers to the website.
- Site Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Site, provide the Site on behalf of the Company, perform sites related to the Site, or assist the Company in analyzing how the Site is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Site or from the Site infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to LSI Medical, accessible from https://lsi-medical.com/
- You means the individual accessing or using the Site, or the Company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Site, as applicable
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Site, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Full Name
- Job Title
- Email address
- Phone number
- Zip/Postal code
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Site.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Site by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Site or when You access the Site by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Site. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies.
Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a specific section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser.
We use both Session, and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with sites available through the website and enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the sites You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those sites.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the website.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Site, including monitoring our Site’s usage.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Site. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different Site functionalities that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance, and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items, or sites You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Site.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted sites, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers, and general information about other goods, sites, and events that we offer similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or another sale or transfer of some or all Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and evaluating and improving our Site, products, sites, marketing, and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Site Providers: We may share Your personal information with Site Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Site to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, sites, or promotions.
- With other users: When You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or improve the functionality of Our Site. We are legally obligated to retain this data for more extended periods. The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
Other Legal Requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Site or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may use third-party Site Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Site.
Google Analytics is a web analytics site offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Site. This data is shared with other Google sites. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
Our Site does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or sites.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Phone: (800) 846-1279